Wednesday, January 30, 2008

NUMP/Beer/Work

NUMP #2 is out. Arizona is unranked, despite beating Colorado 12-6 in Tempe last weekend. Even if Colorado was split X-Y at New Year's Fest, wouldn't you think that beating part of their squad would make you worthy of at least an honorable mention, since KALI is ranked #7 this week? At least the Not-Actually-Playing UCSD is out of the poll.

Beer: I have been trying to deal with a leak in my CO2 system in my kegerator. Since this is the first that I have used the thing, I have no idea what to expect, and consequently I am on my third 10lb bottle of CO2. Dammit. I think I've isolated the leak to one side (I have a dual output regulator and two kegs set up) but I can't tell yet if it's the plumbing or the keg itself. I replaced all the rubber parts 'cause they were all soda-ey when I bought the kegs; this might be the problem. Or??? All the methods mentioned online to check CO2 leaks have not yet shown the culprit. So, for now, my Kolsch is offline while I drink up the porter. This was not the point of having two kegs for sure.

Work: I am in San Francisco for one of those horrible networking events that I am so inept at. I can put on my game face for a little while but the expectation for tomorrow is that I will be collecting business cards from total strangers from 8:00am until 6:00pm without a break. Considering how much I prefer to be alone usually, this is like some kind of Stepford world that gives me the heebee geebies. Ah well. They pay me. And I got to get drunk and sing karaoke at one of my favorite neighborhood bars last night. "You're a rich girl, and you've gone too far..." It IS a bitch, Girl.

No comments: